Analysis of power systems requires detailed equipment modelling in order to accurately represent the various components. This ranges from modelling protection devices and harmonic sources such as variable speed drives through to complex devices such as wind turbines. We have the detailed understanding required and work closely with the manufacturers to determine the appropriate simplifications, which reduce simulation run-time without comprising on the validity of the results.
More critically however, we implicitly understand the applicability of the various power system models and modelling tools and as such can apply them with pragmatism to ensure that the results can be translated into useful solutions to client problems.
TNEI's Power System Analysis capabilities include:
- A full range of network connection studies from initial feasibility and costing to obtaining connection agreements
- Load-flow and fault analysis studies, essential in assessing the capability of the system under various operating conditions
- Automation of studies to expedite analysis of different operating permutations
- Complex contingency and long term network planning studies
- Full dynamic and transient stability, required to determine the system operation under changing conditions
- Harmonic analysis of networks and new generation technologies
- Harmonic filter design and specification
- P28 Voltage dip and flicker studies
- Protection Grading studies
- Insulation Coordination
- Motor starting and reacceleration
- Load shedding and load transfer studies
- Analysis of technical contractual arrangements and Grid Code requirements
- Peer review of power system studies
Our engineers and consultants employ or have expert experience in power system simulation packages such as Ipsa, PSS/E, DigSILENT, ETAP, ERACS, PSCAD/EMTDC, ATP, DINIS, Matlab Simulink. We pride ourselves in particular in being able to analyse and resolve client problems, in particular non-standard problems, into an effective methodology to solve the problems effectively and present the results clearly and effectively.
We are happy to discuss client requirements and how we can assist.