TNEI’s planning and environmental group provides a range of commercially focused consenting, technical and environmental services critical to the delivery of new development projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
The group’s principal focus is on supplying high quality consultancy services to developer and landowner clients throughout the project lifecycle.
TNEI employs high calibre staff with a combination of planning, environmental and technical expertise in energy related projects and other development sectors. The planning & environmental group comprises a team of individuals with extensive experience gained from both the public and private sectors. The team includes:
- RTPI qualified planning consultants with backgrounds in local authority, development companies and consultancies.
- Project Managers specialising in environmental impact assessment (EIA), site finding, feasibility and multi-site development projects.
- Technical and Environmental Consultants specialising in noise modelling and impact assessment, ecological and ornithological survey and assessment, Geographical Information Systems, site constraint and layout design for wind turbine developments and a range of technology specific technical assessments such as shadow flicker.
We take pride in our dynamic and creative approach to problem solving, meeting market demands and developing a close working relationship with our clients. Our clients include major developers, industrial and commercial sector companies, small specialist renewable energy developers and the public sector.
TNEI’s approach to planning and environmental services is based on over 10 years consenting renewable energy proposals. Key strengths include:
- Relationship building with key opinion formers within planning authorities, statutory consultees and the local community
- Robust EIA and Environmental Statement reporting using in-house experts and associate consultants
- Efficient management of the screening and scoping stage to deliver an accurate and complete Environmental Statement or report
- Managing the planning process to ensure momentum is maintained and applications do not become unnecessarily delayed.
TNEI provides services across all phases of a development from initial site search through to support post-planning permission. Each service can be provided as a discrete package of work, or several services can be combined as part of a larger multi-site, or multi-discipline project.