TNEI’s grid connection service helps connect generation projects in the UK and Ireland, ranging from small FIT sites, DNO connected wind farms through to large offshore OFTO sites. The connection process that TNEI supports includes:
- Managing the preparation of initial connection assessments, cost estimates, and detailed connection applications
- Negotiating connection offers with the relevant DNO/TNO
- Reviewing DNO and TNO technical and commercial requirements
- Supporting clients through the regulatory process, assessing risk and potential costs,
- Providing up-to-date knowledge of CUSC amendments, ENA guidelines and OFGEM consultations
- Interpreting the implications of these proposals in a clear and concise manner
- Contributing to National Grid working groups, consultations and discussions
- Completion of technical documentation including power system studies and DRC documentation
We have provided in excess of 200 wind farm connection studies in the UK for projects ranging from sub 10MW sites through to large scale transmission connected projects. In addition we have undertaken site design assessments and grid connection for wind farm developers at the very early stage of development through to FID and construction. We build relationships with network owners and developers to help minimise barriers in the process.
Please feel free to contact us to enquire about how we can help you with your site wherever you are in the process.
Please see our grid connection capability statement below.